CAPTURE SMILES, CAPTURE LOVE, CAPTURE LIFE.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

I Can SOAR!

A few weeks ago, I applied for a photography scholarship for women called the SOAR Scholarship. I had to fill out an online application and submit a two minute video of me explaining why I feel I deserve the scholarship. It's too bad I found out about the scholarship less than 72 hours before it was due. I still thought the opportunity was too awesome to pass up and I'm so glad that I gave it my best shot. Last Friday night, they announced the three women that won. I'm so happy for these women and can't wait to follow along on their journey in becoming a professional photographer this year. The winners have received new camera gear and will receive business coaching, mentoring, and will attend a few workshops throughout the year. In addition to all of that, they will be writing weekly blog posts on their progress. There were over 260 applicants and over half of us have formed an online community on Facebook called Soar Sisters. I will learn from these women and soar along with them with my photography! If you want to read more about this, check out these websites: Me Ra Koh Photography blog and SOAR! Scholarship

No comments: