CAPTURE SMILES, CAPTURE LOVE, CAPTURE LIFE.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Food Photography

Recently, I had the opportunity to do a food photo shoot.
My friend, Lia has been hired to populate a website with homemade food items to sell.
We had so much fun working together.  We did the photo shoot in my kitchen.

 Italian canned tomatoes with salt, basil, and garlic
Artisan Cheese Loaf

 Tuscan loaf with rosemary and olive

Jam Tarts (raspberry)



Artisan White Loaf
* These photos were all taken in my kitchen with my 50mm f/1.8 lens.

To prep myself for this shoot, I skimmed over these articles:


Ten Things I've Learned About Food Photography by Ree Drummond (aka. The Pioneer Woman).  Through trial and error, Ree gives some quick and easy tips to taking photographs of food look not only awesome, but appetizing as well.  My favorite tip from this article is that food looks way more appetizing if displayed on white dishes, than let's say, yellow dishes.


And if that's not enough, Ree also gives more tips in this article: Taking Photos of Food - 8 Helpful Tips.  My favorite tip in this piece was to cut into the food so that viewers will see exactly what the food looks like just seconds before they gobble it up.

No comments: