CAPTURE SMILES, CAPTURE LOVE, CAPTURE LIFE.

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Belle Dress

It was one of those lazy Saturdays where I didn't want it to end without feeling productive.
So I asked my brand new kindergartner if she wanted to go on a date with me.
K was elated and gleefully buckled herself into her booster seat.
With the sunroof open, and kid tunes blasting, we zoomed up to the middle of town.  
We fueled up with Chugz's chicken strips and fries and then
entered one of my favorite stores, TJMaxx, for some back to school shopping.
Still wanting to be my "baby girl," K insisted on sitting in the cart.
I pushed that cart back to the little girl section.  
My eyes caught sight of something I didn't want K to see, so I sped up my push.  
BIG MISTAKE!  
Or so I thought.  
"MOOOOM!  Look!  Let's go look at those costumes!"  
"Ooooh!  I want this dress.  It's a Belle dress."
I, not planning on buying this newfound must-have dress, 
hesitantly let K get a closer look at the coveted dress.
Hearing her gush over every last detail of the dress, the jewels, the sparkles, the glitter, 
I knew what I had to do.  I let her try on this "most beautiful Belle dress."
My baby girl lucked out with the largest dressing room...fit for a princess.
K had me help her zip up the dress and perfectly place the glittery veiled headpiece.
The anticipation had built up for what probably seemed like an eternity for a 5 year old.
It was time for the FIRST LOOK.  
"Wow!  Turn around and look at yourself in the mirror!" I exclaimed.
Both K's eyes and smile grew bigger than ever.
She twirled and said, "Ohlala!  I feel like a princess."
With a smirky smile that never left her face, 
K stared at herself in the mirror and examined every last detail of the dress.
Completely satisfied, K giggled and said, "I want this Belle dress for Halloween."
And I, who originally was not a fan of the color, the lavishness,
nor the price of the dress, completely had a change of heart.   
K had me at the FIRST LOOK. 
I completely melted into a puddle when I saw the way she looked at herself in the mirror.
Every girl deserves to feel like a princess.

1 comment:

LeenieGreenie said...

What a sweet story
As a child who never once got anything they dreamed of, asked for or wanted....I too at times give in to my children's wants, hopes, and dreams, in a hope that it will help them see I care about their desires in life.