CAPTURE SMILES, CAPTURE LOVE, CAPTURE LIFE.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Teach Me to Walk in the Light


Teach me to walk in the light of his love;

Teach me to pray to my Father above;

Teach me to know of the things that are right;

Teach me, teach me to walk in the light.













Come, little child,
and together we’ll learn

Of his commandments, that
we may return

Home to his presence, to live
in his sight

Always, always to walk in the light.


Father in Heaven, we thank
thee this day

For loving guidance to
show us the way.

Grateful, we praise thee with
songs of delight!

Gladly, gladly we’ll walk
in the light.



Words and music: Clara W. McMaster, 1904–1997. © 1958 IRI. Copyright renewed 1986.
Obbligato by Darwin Wolford, b. 1936. © 1989 IRI
Children’s Songbook  See also Hymns, no. 304
Isaiah 2:5 - O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the Lord.
Ephesians 5:8 - For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

No comments: