CAPTURE SMILES, CAPTURE LOVE, CAPTURE LIFE.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Brooke Snow's Advanced Pro Workshop Scholarship Application

Ten years ago, I took my first photography class.  The class was only 8 weeks long.  I took so many pictures in that short amount of time.  My teacher pulled me aside and told me that I had an "eye for photography."  He suggested that I take more photography classes in the future.

Fast forward two and a half years.  I was about to start my third year of college.  I was looking for a new major.  One summer day, I thought back on how much I enjoyed the photography class I took back in high school.  I remembered the encouraging words of my teacher and decided to change my major from art to photography.  Since my college days, I have taken a couple of photography classes and have done several photo shoots for family and friends.

I am passionate about photography.  I love looking through a camera's viewfinder, composing a shot, and pressing the shutter button. Hand me a camera and in just a few seconds, I can freeze a moment in time. Now that is powerful! I love having that kind of power. Creating captivating visual memories for people is so important to me. I want people to feel that their lives are exciting and are worth recording. And I want people to trust me to capture their fleeting moments in photographs.

I would like to attend Brooke Snow's Advanced Pro Workshop because I'm craving more information and inspiration in my photography.

I think that The Advanced Pro Workshop would help me gather tips and tricks to use in my photo shoots.  Also, I think that attending this workshop would teach me poses that will make my clients more comfortable in front of the camera.  I want to feel totally confident when going into a photo shoot.  The Advanced Pro Workshop is the perfect next step in my photographic journey.

No comments: