CAPTURE SMILES, CAPTURE LOVE, CAPTURE LIFE.

Thursday, August 26, 2010


I took one 8 week photography class my senior year of high school and three photography classes in college.  I must say that I learned more useful information in the class I just completed, Photo Basics - Master Your Camera, than I did in all the other classes I've taken in the past.  In the other classes I've taken, the teachers did not ask or make sure that all of the students really felt in control of their camera.  They taught more of the characteristics of great photographic composition and how to develop film in the darkroom.  I enjoyed learning this information but felt that alot of my images were captured out of pure luck.  Now, I must say that I'm finally beginning the master of my camera.  I finally understand the basics of the photographic triangle: aperture, shutter speed, and ISO.  I also learned more about natural lighting and ways to solve lighting issues.  I can't believe that it has taken me so long to learn this!  Here are the images I took for my homework and shared with the rest of my class: 







"Who Cares?" Aperture




Storytelling Aperture







Singular-Theme Aperture










Implied Motion













Frozen Motion (see the blue frisbee flying in the air?)













Panning (I bribed Tyler with M&Ms to get him to run on the sidewalk for me.)







Lines










Simplicity










Pattern (This is my 3 month old, Katie.)






By knowing what settings to use to achieve the look you're going for in an image, the less time you'll have to spend editing.






* For more information on the class that I took, click here.

No comments: